A shorter session today. All of today’s tracks were “drumless,” meaning the music I played along with had all the drum parts removed. There’s a pretty limited selection of songs like this available to me, so you end up seeing a lot of the same stuff over and over. Playlist is at the bottom.
- Heart: 84bpm
- Blood Oxy: 96%
Started a bit higher than normal for me due to activity prior to practice.
- Steve Miller – Fly Like An Eagle
- Another really fun drum groove to play with little syncopated riffs and fills throughout.
- Tesla – Modern Day Cowboy
- Straight 80’s hair metal, played this a million times back in the day.
- Paul McCartney & Wings – Band On The Run
- One of my favorite songs since I was a kid. The tom accents in the second half of the chorus are extra fun, and getting the timing just right on the symphonic breaks is an interesting bit of work as – near as I can tell – it doesn’t conform to any kind of time signature (think the break before the guitar solo in “Stairway to Heaven” for comparison).
- Chicago – 25 or 6 to 4
- Superfun bass drum workout
- Kiss – Detroit Rock City
- See prior notes on old school Kiss tunes.
- Metallica – One
- I’d been having some difficulty with my bass drum due to the clamp bolt being broken. It would stay in place playing single-bass parts, but playing double bass parts would force the pedal back away from the drum (it’s secured from the drum moving forward). I fixed that today, so you’ll likely see more songs like this working their way into my playlists. This is also why my heart rate was so much higher today – I checked it like 20 seconds after finishing this song.
- Jackson 5 – I Want You Back
- Outside of official session…my two year old foster grand niece was walking out the door and disappointed that I’d stopped playing, so I whipped that one off real quick so she could dance.
- Heart: 130bpm
- BOxy: 96%
- Time: 37 minutes
- Calories: 304
- Steps: 4174